Core Audio Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the audio, video, and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iTunes, and macOS, as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut and Logic to iLife and iWork.
- Excellent software system design/programming skills in C++
- Deep understanding and implementation skills in object-oriented methodologies
- Solid understanding of realtime, multi-thread programming concepts and operating system concepts
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Real passion for creating superior user experience
The Core Audio team within IMG is looking for a software engineer with experience and passion in audio systems implementation to work on the audio infrastructure of Apple's devices. The work we do is essential to Audio, Music and Speech processing across all of Apple's platforms and directly impacts the end user experience with respect to high profile features such as Siri, FaceTime, Phone Calls, Music Playback, Audio/Video Capture. These platforms and features have a considerable level of complexity in the way that audio is routed through the system and integrates the various hardware pieces that are available. The design intuition we are looking for should lean towards elegance and simplicity. The position will involve developing and enhancing the software components and features that are responsible for real-time audio applications.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in CS, EE, or related
- Digital signal processing expertise (linear filtering, beam forming, etc.) is a plus