SWE Data Analytics - Data Intelligence Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, our Data Analytics team focuses on improving the user experience by improving operating system stability, gathering feature usage telemetry, and evaluating device performance. This requires capturing data from customers who have given consent, utilizes strong privacy preserving techniques, and entails aggregating information, all to help inform direction.
- Culture - instills a collaborative, appreciative, positive, and inspirational culture to the team.
- Change - desire and ability to inspire change in the way we function.
- Detail oriented - possessing the capability to understand all levels of software developed.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal capabilities
- Analytic sense - ability to discern the most sensible way to make a data informed decision.
- Big Data Exposure - you have worked with petabyte-scale datasets
- Technical Proficiency - ability to originate code in Python and/or Scala and access systems via SQL, HDFS, Hbase, S3, and others
- Data Proficiency - practical and theoretical understanding of algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and anomaly detection.
- Analytic Proficiency - keen understanding of analytics tools and frameworks like scikit, Jupyter, Zeppelin, Tableau, etc.
- Statistics Proficiency - RMSE, summary statistics, skew, central tendency.
- Teaching ability - ability to describe complex analytic concepts to engineering leaders as well as grow and develop employees
- Customer focus - desire to help teams solve problems and make data informed decisions.
- Quality focus - bad data is worse than no data. Skills to ensure utmost quality of results.
We are looking for a manager to lead our Support, Services, and Data Science team. This cross functional leadership role lends support to connect internal teams to data as well as leveraging cutting edge data science techniques to drive answers to our most complex questions. You will be working with your team of world-class engineers and scientists to define, develop, and guide the future of Apple products and software. The scope of work covers the entire Apple product line, and big data coming back from hundreds of millions of devices. We are looking for an engineering manager who can drive cultural change, develop positive working relationships and ultimately improve our operating systems through data.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or greater in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- - Three years of leadership experience
- - 5+ years of data insights experience