Apple Cloud Services - JDK/JVM Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple services make extensive use of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Java Development Kit (JDK) technology. Our team makes strategic investments and supports the JVM and JDK technology to ensure these Apple services work at peak capacity. Apple services are encouraged to work reliably on a global scale, and the JVM provides a critical piece of this infrastructure. Team members are passionate about working across a large organization to understand where runtime changes are justified, configuration changes, or if application tuning would be sufficient. If this is something which is exciting for you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Expert knowledge of Java and C++.
- Garbage Collection (e.g. Parallel, G1, ZGC).
- JIT technologies (e.g. Hotspot, GraalVM).
- Java Development Kit (e.g. Java APIs and library implementations).
- Understanding of Java Memory Model.
- Multi-threaded programming and concurrency concepts.
- Understanding of how to do JVM performance analysis and make corresponding improvement.
- Working with application and library developers to write more friendly code for the JVM/JDK.
Contribute and build JVM and JDK software that enables services at Apple’s scale. We are looking for individual contributors and team leaders to improve the JVM and JDK at Apple. You will have the opportunity to work with a team which has set its sights on improving impact across Apple.
Education & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.