Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a significant role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll also help locate, develop, and lead these properties around the world. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. As a Project Manager, you will develop and lead small CapEx & OpEx construction projects to completion within Apple Standards and client's needs. Simultaneous management of numerous construction projects is typical with this opportunity as well as performing in a multitasking environment with tight schedules and budgets.
- Experience collaborating and leading design professionals, project management firms, construction management firms, construction contractors, and other construction consulting services
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently organize these diverse work efforts into a productive team
- Ability to handle multiple design and construction projects occurring concurrently
- Run a variety of project types and sizes under aggressive schedules and tight budgets.
- Experience with systems & ancillary furniture, space planning, and client move services.
- Experience with quality control/assurance methods and the ability to apply these principles to projects
- Plan, track, evaluate, and report on multiple design and construction activities
- Ability to evaluate/analyze project information and utilize automated information management systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations; and experience with the full range of Federal, State and Local entitlement and building code approval processes for varying regions and jurisdictions
- Knowledge of all relevant construction-based, energy-related programs including LEED
You will lead all operations and functions of a project team consistent with regional and corporate priorities and objectives. You will also be working collaboratively to develop plans and identify expected outcomes/results for each project assigned. This team also identifies disparity between "what is" and "what ought to be" regarding priorities for the group. As a PM, you will craft and implement an effective method of user feedback and input on associated project assignments while developing the project budget based on approved scope/quality and calculate costs to remain within the budget constraints. We also build and maintain project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding and oversee the development/management of the project timeline. We assure that due diligence is used to ensure that all assigned projects are completed with the highest level of quality possible, always considering life cycle costs and budget achievement. Contract administration, perform negotiations, administration and management of design, construction, and consultant contracts are a few other aspects of this role. You will also collaborate with Operations, Maintenance, EH&S, Manufacturing, IS&T, Security and other functional groups, as required, regarding assigned project design and construction. Finally, you will ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local statutes and rules and regulations related to assigned projects as well as provide complete and accurate reports in accordance with Management requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree desired in Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, Construction, engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years of successful experience with progressively increasing responsibility for management of development and delivery of commercial tenant improvement.
- Preferred candidates will have LEED AP certifications and PMP certification.