Prototype Engineer (3D Reconstruction)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a hands-on software and hardware prototyping engineer with experience in computer vision and 3D reconstruction.
- Strong mathematical foundation and computer vision expertise with working knowledge of 3D reconstruction (photogrammetry, photometry, structured light, etc…)
- Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills
- Ability to rapidly prototype software applications and hardware systems
- Experience working with hardware, electronics and low-level code
- Experience with embedded systems (Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- Some experience with optics and photonics
- Flexibility to pick up new skills as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Some responsibilities and desired qualities of this role are: taking ownership of a project from conception to prototyping, being able to quickly iterate on different ideas, implementing advanced CV algorithms, experience with rapid prototyping, being creative, curious, driven and self-motivated to explore new ideas and take on new challenges. You would be working with multi-faceted group formed by engineers, artists and designers, so the ability to communicate ideas across disciplines is important.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields. Alternatively, equivalent working experience.
- Experience with at least one of the major deep learning frameworks is a strong plus
- Experience with deep learning oriented to 3D reconstruction and/or material estimation is a plus
- iOS/macOS experience (Swift, Objective-C) is a plus
- Experience with game engines like Unity or Unreal is a plus
- Working knowledge of meshing and surface reconstruction methods is a plus
- GPU programming experience is a plus