Engineering Manager, Wallet Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Wallet team is looking for an engineering manager to join our growing group. We are responsible for multiple apps, daemons, and frameworks that compose all UI and developer-facing API for both Wallet and Apple Pay on iOS and macOS. We work with groups throughout the company to deliver the final product to our customers.
- Experience leading a team of highly skilled engineers from first idea to shipping software
- History of hiring and developing excellent engineers
- Ability to work cross-functionally within an organization and across the different groups within a company
- Flexibility to represent the team and its technology in the right level of detail in different contexts
- Skill to accurately drive and scope product features, build functional specifications, and development schedules
- Expertise and experience in iOS application development
- Proficient in Objective-C and/or Swift
- Be an advocate and driver for performance optimization, automation, and unit tests
Apple Pay provides an easy, secure, and private way to pay for physical goods and services such as groceries, clothing, tickets, and reservations in your iOS apps. As one of the Wallet managers within iOS; you will be expected to make hands-on engineering contributions while also setting the overall technical direction of the team. As the leader, you will be responsible for scheduling and driving new features, performance and stability work. You will be responsible for hiring and developing additional engineers and integrating them into the team. Your communication skills will be important as you interact with many different teams. You will listen to requests and then build consensus and communicate the direction. We work cross-functionally with other engineering teams, human interface designers, low-level technology and server teams, business and marketing teams, and our partners at other companies. Our goals are simple but the task is large; create elegant solutions to complex problems while building products that our customers will love.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or equivalent