Global EHS Information Systems and Business Intelligence Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need high-energy, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products. The Corporate EH&S team is looking to fill the position of Global EHS Information Systems and Business Intelligence Leader. In this role you will drive the implementation of a multi year technology roadmap for the EH&S global team. You will also lead our efforts to develop and sustain our approaches to the smart use of our EH&S data. You will have the opportunity to partner with a variety of departments within Apple such as Real Estate and Development (RE&D), Information Systems and Technology (IS&T), Data Center Operations (DCO), Retail and Apple University.
- BS or MS in environmental, health & safety or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Intelligence Systems.
- Minimum 10+ years experience in EHS operations or information technology function supporting EH&S in or for multi-national companies.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Business Intelligence tools (e.g Tableau, Oracle BI) and the ability to write ad-hoc and complex queries to perform data analysis.
- Strong technical understanding of data warehousing, business intelligence and other software applications/systems.
- Experience managing websites and their content
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and their EH&S content
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple technical assignments concurrently.
- Analytical, problem-solver, and project management experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional EH&S and Information Technology teams.
- Experience communicating with and influencing leadership.
- Experience developing and implementing goals and strategies based on organization goals.
- Comfortable dealing with complexity and responding to the unexpected
- Comfortable driving progress on multiple fronts
The Global EH&S Information Systems and Business Intelligence Lead will: Support the deployed and deploying EH&S information systems (Enablon and Cority), through configuration support, system data management, monitoring data, and developing analytics reports. Prepare monthly/quarterly metrics reports for EH&S distribution. Understand the future business EH&S needs and develop technology based tools and reports to support those needs. Be a point of contact for system users and conduct support and troubleshooting as required. Build collaborative and productive working relationships with EH&S managers overseeing Data Centers, Corporate Offices, R&D Labs and Retail. Help provide accurate data for EH&S leadership to inform decision making and improve communication to Apple leadership, and all stakeholders. Serve as an EH&S subject matter expert on data derived from multiple sources including Enablon, Cority, FileMaker, Oracle, and Tableau. Be involved in all corporate and retail EH&S initiatives where technology will play a role including, standardization process, inspection/audits, training campaigns, incident investigations analyses and other risk assessment efforts. Partner and collaborate with EH&S teams to develop, author and sustain the training programs, procedures, and processes necessary for global, geographical and regional EH&S operations. Manage services delivered by external technology consulting services. Perform and support UAT to confirm core datasets satisfy the EH&S team needs and review projects status, risks and enable mitigation plans with IS&T. Establish yourself as the EH&S data partner for IS&T deployment projects and improve internal EHS software operations. Track, measure and analyze company-wide EH&S training metrics and KPI’s to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures.
Education & Experience
Prefer: BS/MS in related field