HomeKit Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The HomeKit team provides the foundation that enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people interact with the accessories around them. These experiences extend beyond the Home app on iOS and into the HomePod and AppleTV platforms as well as working with partners on new HomeKit accessories. We're looking for an outstanding software engineering manager to manage a team responsible for the HomeKit framework and daemon. The ideal candidate wants to tackle big problems and cares about getting the little details right.
- Familiarity with framework and daemon development
- Deep passion for IoT and smart home space
- Shown ability to develop and ship high quality software products on iOS/Mac OS/tvOS
- Ability to look beyond daily demands, from the technological to the organizational, and identify trajectories that will be critical to recognize for the future
- Experience with building and growing a teamAbility to oversee multiple projects and discern critical areas of need, ensuring your team can similarly zero in on what is critical, and letting go of what is not
- History of thriving in a collaborative environment and ability to clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively hardworking and inquisitive with a focus on solving everyday problems in innovative ways
- Attention to the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
The HomeKit team is looking for an outstanding leader who can lead, motivate, collaborate, and create. This leader will help shape the experience for Apple in the Home. Daily duties will include working with multi-functional teams to drive the HomeKit features & architecture forward and extend it to new products. Need to be able to prioritize multiple priorities, including product development and engineering leadership. Being a leader at Apple is about seeing what is evident, but not recognized and about being confident in your decisions when faced with challenges.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.