Product Safety Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in the Product Safety Engineering department within Apple's Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for our customers to use throughout the world and also comply with worldwide safety requirements. Apple's Product Safety Group seeks a high-energy, poised, data driven and detail oriented Engineer with a background in electrical/electronics engineering to support safety engineering design and testing of innovative consumer products.
- Five years of engineering experience in consumer, medical, military, space product design or reliability engineering experience with a deep knowledge of electronics design, safety, risk and failure analysis.
- Experience driving product design for safety and compliance to IEC/EN/UL/CSA 60950 62368, 62133, 1642, 2054, 60825, 62471 and 60065
- Solid safety technical background and hands-on experience in safety certifications of complex products and executing risk analysis to eliminate safety risks
- Deep working knowledge on test equipment, test procedures, and agency requirements from above Safety Standards
- On day-to-day basis, you will be interpreting and negotiating requirements, apply knowledge to new situations and implement new solutions with customer safety as priority
- Being a great partner with vendor safety groups and contractors to develop and qualify product designs
- Conducting component level safety analysis of electrical circuits and modules
- Conducting FMEA and Safety Fault Tree Analysis (desirable)
- Conducting detailed failure analysis and developing lessons learned
- Technical writing, data analytics/statistics and ability to build and execute presentations for Executives.
- Someone who will be both, confident to work independently and be a good team member
We are seeking a qualified engineer who will: - Develop deep understanding of Apple products and work with multi-functional teams to identify and address safety requirements and resolve design challenges of new technologies - Develop understanding of manufacturing processes to identify and address potential manufacturing defects and processes that can lead to safety issues - Work with suppliers to ensure that product safety is addressed and maintained during production - Conduct Safety compliance testing, report writing and obtain certifications - Using scientific methods, conduct failure investigations and careful disassembly of products to figure out failure mechanism.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required