EMC Systems Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will work as a member of a multi-functional team and will be responsible for design and implementation of EMC solutions on Apple products. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are an inventive engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- We are looking for individuals with prior experience and/or solid education in EMC, ESD, RF and signal integrity areas. Ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of design and testing of ITE products for EMC compliance and deep knowledge in EMC/ESD debug techniques. Other key qualifications include:
- You have experience in schematic and layout review of printed circuit boards (PCBs) for emissions and immunity control
- You are able to perform CAD review of enclosures, connectors, and cables for EMC compliance
- You have a proven track record in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical sources of EMC failures
- We rely on your in-depth knowledge of worldwide EMC regulations, standards and test methods
- You have hands-on experience with emissions and immunity test equipment and EMC chambers
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills and excellent organizational skills
You will be working with vendors on defining component specifications and validation procedures to meet EMC requirements at the system level. You will be collaborating with peers to apply EMC best practices and lessons learned to ensure first pass success. You will be preparing comprehensive test plans, coordinating execution of test plans and compilation of test reports. You will be reviewing and analyzing data from DOEs, presenting findings to peers and management and making recommendations on design changes. You will be defining test requirements and training test engineers on the collection of data at the factories. You will be occasionally traveling to international destinations to visit vendors and factory sites and we expect you to be free of any country related travel restrictions.
Education & Experience
BSEE with >7 years of experience is required. MSEE/PhD is preferred. Additional consideration will be given to experience with electromagnetic modeling and simulation tools such as CST, HFSS, ADS and PowerSI. Experience with Matlab and scripting for test automation and data analysis is a plus