Features Manager - News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s News team is looking for a Feature Manager to join the engineering team. In this hands-on position you will guide requirements definition of new features and shepherd new features throughout the development process to bring the best news all in one place for our users.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical requirements or product management role for software
- Track record managing multiple, ongoing, complex projects with plans that account for priorities, interdependencies, risks, and backup plans
- A natural inclination to build to simplify and organize
- A collaborative consensus driver with a talent for mediating competing interests and leading creative solutions
- Effective presentation, oral, and written communication to leadership, technical, and non-technical audiences
- Ability to adapt quickly and constructively to changes
- A breadth of technical aptitude to talk shop to our engineers
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Empathy for users
Apple is seeking a high-energy and self-driven Features Manager who will play a central role in the delivery of new features in News and Stocks. In this hands-on position you will collect and synthesize input, prioritize these requirements, advise on their implementation, and document flows and processes to guide complex features to a successful launch. This will require you to lead feature discussions, guide prioritization of competing requirements, and consolidate them into a detailed, actionable plan that aligns with stakeholders’ expectations. Along the way, you will identify and mitigate risks and use your knowledge to define core questions, efficiencies, and processes within the context of Apple’s strategic and competitive position. Most importantly, you will ensure that News and Stocks give the best possible experience to their users. As a member of the software engineering team, this role requires a rare blend of product insight, user experience, and technical know-how shown through the ability to translate problems into actionable tasks. The right candidate will be cooperative and capable of inspiring great ideas in technical and non-technical teammates including engineering, marketing, partner relations, editorial, design, advertising, project management, analytics, legal, and more.