Technical Product Manager - Feature Development, News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple News is at the forefront of media and technology, giving millions of users news and information from leading news organizations around the globe. We are revolutionizing how consumers receive their information every day. As a Product Manager, Feature Development, you will play a meaningful role in developing new products and features for Apple's News and Stocks apps, which are relied upon by millions of people every day. You will work cross-functionally across Engineering, Design, Business, and Analytics teams to guide products and features from conception to launch.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in product management, or equivalent technical role, preferably in software applications
- Track record managing multiple, complex projects with plans that account for priorities, interdependencies, risks, and backup plans
- A natural inclination to simplify and organize
- A collaborative consensus driver with a talent for mediating competing interests and leading creative solutions
- Effective oral and written communication to peers, leadership, and both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to adapt quickly and constructively to changes
- A breadth of technical aptitude to talk shop to our engineers
- Ambitious, accountable, and be a self-starter
- Empathy for users
Apple is seeking an ambitious Product Manager to play a central role in the development of new products and features in the News and Stocks apps. In this hands-on position, you will collect and synthesize input from different internal teams, prioritize these requirements, advise on their implementation, and document workflows and processes to guide complex features to a successful launch. This will require you to prioritize, lead cross-functional discussions, guide prioritization of competing requirements, and consolidate them into a detailed, actionable plan that aligns with stakeholders’ expectations. Along the way, you will identify and mitigate risks and use your knowledge and expertise to define core questions, efficiencies, and processes within the context of Apple’s strategic and competitive position. Most importantly, you will ensure that News and Stocks provide the best possible experience for our users. As a member of the software engineering team, this role requires a rare blend of product management, user empathy and insight, and technical know-how shown through the ability to translate complex problems into actionable tasks. The right candidate will be cooperative and capable of inspiring great ideas in technical and non-technical teammates including engineering, marketing, partner relations, editorial, design, advertising, project management, analytics, legal, and more.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree, with 3+ years of related experience in a similar field is required.