Senior Microservices Software Engineer, Apple News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Apple News team at Apple and help us create a great user experience around news that delight millions of customers every day! As a Microservice Software Engineer, you will be helping the team to build microservices and improve the content ingestion pipeline.
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting services in Java and Spring
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra and Solr
- Experience with message or event driven architectures (such as RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Experience with test driven development
- Familiarity with git, Jenkins, CI/CD
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects
We are looking for an engineer with experience building mission-critical, high performance microservices. The news never stops and neither can our system. We handle more than 10,000 article updates per hour with low latency and high reliability, analyze a stream of 5,000 real time events per second, and scale up seamlessly for those extra exciting news days. We are a close-knit, highly collaborative cross-functional team of engineers who bring their best throughout the product lifecycle. We want team members with hands-on experience building and improving Java microservices who thrive on improving the design and architecture of a large scale system.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is required or equivalent experience.