Legal Counsel, Trademark
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple Inc. is seeking a Trademark Counsel with a minimum of five years of experience.
- At least one state bar membership.
- At least five years relevant legal experience required.
- Experience in trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Works well in a fast moving environment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to exercise sound commercial as well as legal judgment.
- Self-starter who can learn quickly and has the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a large team.
- Takes initiative in achieving results.
- Experience in technology and consumer electronics industries a plus.
- Experience leading trademark paralegals and docketing teams and systems a plus.
You will have significant experience in trademark matters with an emphasis on domestic and international clearance, prosecution and enforcement, as well as experience in managing a global trademark portfolio and complex global disputes, and be able to solve highly complex issues in creative and effective ways, while maintaining an acceptable level of legal risk in a fast-paced environment. Although the trademark legal team is based in Sunnyvale, we will consider locating the position to Austin, Texas.
Education & Experience
Law degree from an ABA accredited law school and strong academic credentials.