Senior CDN Reliability Software Engineer
Denver, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a talented, self-motivated software engineer to contribute to an automated reliability engineering framework, tailored for our CDN caching and control plane.
- Very strong software development skills in both interpreted (Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc), and compiled languages (Go, etc)
- Experience architecting expansive, production grade software projects
- Experience performance tuning high throughput systems
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, content routing, and caching systems
- Experience with system level performance and functional testing
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols (DNS, NTP, BGP, etc); version control: (git)
- Working knowledge with systems orchestration software (Salt, etc.)
- Experience and understanding of system level security is a plus
- Experience with automated software frameworks, including common
- Very strong large system troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Apache Traffic Server a plus
- Knowledge of operating systems deployment methods (kickstart, etc) a plus
- Superb communication skills, with experience working across remote teams
- Proven ability to think criticality and quickly learn new technologies
- An exceptional team player, with a deep passion for improving the customer experience
The Edge Services team is looking for a software engineer to join a small team focused on improving the performance and reliability of its HTTP proxy cache software. You will be designing and implementing software tools that push high-performance servers to their limits. In addition, your software will execute the gamut of performance, functional, integration, and end-to-end measurements. You will channel your creative energies to solve some of the industry’s most exciting challenges. To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You love building system software, tackling impossible problems, and you have a deep passion for the customer experience. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically, and adapt quickly to new technical areas.
Education & Experience
Normally requires a BS degree in Computer Science, and a minimum of 8 years relevant industry and work experience.