NFC Platform Architect - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. In this role you will be a key member of the Wireless Hardware Architecture team for NFC technologies and programs across all of our mobile platforms. This includes product-level and PCB-level Hardware architecture, requirements and technical leadership chipset vendors, and architectural direction to cross-functional teams throughout the product development cycle.
- 8+ years of wireless or analog experience in mobile applications
- 2+years of NFC design or system level experience including tag, P2P, and reader modes of operation, preferably on mobile platforms
- Familiarity with all major NFC standards and protocols including ISO14443A/B, ISO15693, ISO18092, FeliCa, and NFC Forum
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and drive external chip partners
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
- Familiarity with RF or analog IC design and development process is preferred
Define and document NFC & Secure Element (SE) Hardware architectures, and feature, and performance requirements of NFC & SE silicon. Analyze system performance including spur effects, radio coexistence, and impact of antenna characteristics & associated matching networks on IC requirements. Optimize RF system performance via internal technology development and external vendor direction. Collaborate with EE/RF/Antenna Hardware teams to transition the architecture & IC vendor deliveries into successful hardware designs. Collaborate with Software teams to specify NFC and SE Hardware & Architecture compliance with overall system requirements.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CS is required; MS/PhD is preferred.