Worldwide Repair Center Planner and Solution Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The AppleCare Business Operations team is looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate for the position of WW Repair Center Planner and Solution Engineer. This is a techno-functional role with an opportunity to utilize your business insight, technical skills, and analytical ability to deliver timely and relevant demand forecasts along with solutions to support planning processes. In this exciting role you will own the demand forecasting and planning for mail-in volumes at all of Apple’s Repair Centers across all lines of businesses. You are comfortable working with internal partners and with data processing tools to build analytical solutions to improve forecasting methods and outcomes. You will be required to analyze large amounts of data, identify significant trends, and adjust to meet an ever-evolving demand landscape. You are also able to effectively communicate data analysis and forecast impacts to a broad audience of AppleCare internal customers. The candidate should be a creative problem solver, who is passionate about building, maintaining, and driving innovative solutions to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Experience in forecasting or demand planning
- Extensive experience in analyzing large data sets and conducting ad hoc analysis
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with a passion for forecasting and analytics and the ability to translate data into actionable forecast recommendations
- Aptitude for blending quantitative and qualitative data, and ability to communicate quantitative analysis in a clear, detailed and actionable manner
- High level of integrity, energy and sense of urgency to resolve issues and investigate anomalies in actual vs. forecast trends
- Proven process improvement skills; focus on utilizing technology to build and enhance solutions that increase automation and improve insights and outcomes
- Experience leading or working in cross-functional teams with proven ability to network broadly across the organization and drive collaboration
- Expertise in creating reports and analytics dashboards in Tableau
- Programming skills in SQL, Python, SAS and/or R
- Experience with database technologies such as Teradata, Oracle and MySQL
- Advanced Excel skills including the use of macros
- SAP APO experience desirable; Service Operations experience a plus
You will help the AppleCare Global Repair Center (GRC) team make sound planning decisions and support those decisions with analysis and insights backed up with data. You will develop, maintain and improve data-driven demand models to provide accurate forecasts in an ever-changing business environment. In addition, you will: - Complete root cause analyses and develop mitigation plans for unexpected demand changes - Use SQL and Python skills coupled with data modeling techniques to prepare mail-in demand and forecast data in the format needed for analysis, planning and reporting - Lead GRC mail-In forecasting activities and related projects through all phases including data quality, data modeling, statistical analysis, data visualization and presentation of results by developing custom data models and algorithms - Partner with extended teams to understand changes across service channels, repair centers, fraud mitigation initiatives, etc. and assess and incorporate the impact of these on the mail-In and loaner forecast - Effectively and promptly communicate changes to model inputs and outputs relevant to business operations - Engage with other AppleCare teams to find opportunities in existing GRC processes and workflows. Understand requirements and translate those into actionable technical solutions - Support system implementations and ensure uninterrupted downstream dataflow and reporting at any stage of an ongoing transition.
Education & Experience
Requires BS degree and at least 5 years in a service, manufacturing or logistics operation or equivalent. MS/MBA in Supply Chain or Operations is a plus.