Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple has an extraordinary reputation for product quality and we need your help to build automated tests and tools for the Application Technologies family of iOS and macOS applications, including Finder, Time Machine, Animoji/Memoji, Spotlight, Quick Look, Files, Calendar, and Contacts. We're looking for a programmer who would like to play a key role in our development process, and help ship very high quality products, while working in an energizing environment across a range of technologies..
- 1 year minimum prior programming experience
- Desire to push forward Apple product quality through deeply technical UI and low-level automation
- Thorough knowledge of macOS, iOS, and the Apple ecosystem
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong programming fundamentals and prior programming or automation experience to handle responsibilities which will span all phases of development. You will be responsible for writing new automated tests for the Application Technologies family of apps/frameworks, and for maintaining the infrastructure necessary to run that automation. In early development phases, you will be asked to develop an automation test plan in cooperation with development engineering to cover the new features of our products. As development progresses, you will work closely with engineers to build and maintain automated test suites and infrastructure. Along the way, you will build knowledge of issues with our products and expand the automation test suites to cover those.
Education & Experience
BS in CS or equivalent preferred