Operations Product Development Analyst / Trade In
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams in the US and around the world to carry out real time competitive market analysis and pricing development strategies.
- Develop comprehensive databases to track worldwide movements of second hand device markets
- Develop and maintain templates, spend forecasts, and demand / capacity plans to support the Global Supply Managers.
- Develop cost models to assist in worldwide price negotiations
- Assist in the launching of new business partners and facilitates around the world
Apple Operations Product Development is looking for procurement analysts with relevant experience in procurement, market / data analysis, project management, and database tools. In this role you would combine strong business insight and technical knowledge to deliver detailed analysis and enable informed decision-making to improve cost. In addition, you would support supply-demand management as well as spend and cost saving analysis. • Self-starter • Strong experience with data access/preparation in Excel • Comfortable and efficient working in a fast-paced environment • Strong time management skills. Able to handle the pressure of last minute requests with little assistance • Detail oriented individual with the ability to recognize how they fit into the overall big picture • Strong project management skills • Very strong communication skills • Innovative and strategic approach to all tasks • Thirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 2 years of experience, masters degree or MBA is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sudden setbacks
- A knack for negotiation
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to make quick decisions with 80% information
- Thirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
- Interest in technology and/or operations (experience preferred but not required)
- Willingness to travel internationally (20% - 30% depending on commodity)