Product Manager, Search
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Do you love to create groundbreaking ideas? Do you enjoy collaborating with coworkers and making lasting connections with others? As part of our Retail Commerce and Digital Experience Product team, you’ll help craft a seamless, high-quality digital retail experience for our customers. Join our team, and you’ll help Apple make sure our customers experience an online shopping experience like no other.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working on Search programs for large-scale global companies with multiple divisions, including eCommerce.
- Self-directed and operationally minded with a strong technical background in Search technologies.
- Deep understanding of what drives modern day search user experiences using artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing.
- Have a proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to get results across a large matrixed organization.
- You have the ability to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to stakeholders, engineering, analytics and business partners.
- Possess strong decision-making and prioritization skills; have experience overseeing and managing complex production schedules.
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise search metrics, handing off to operational teams to execute, measure and improve.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation abilities.
- Strong sense of eCommerce customer psychology, user experience and uncompromising focus on the highest quality.
- Effectively able to communicate to a global audiences and management teams.
- Self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of ownership and accountability.
As a Product Manager for Search, you will collaborate with partners across multiple teams at Apple to drive consensus and define initiatives to evolve Search to the next level. You will plan and implement improvements to search on Apple.com and Apple Store App, lead changes to optimize results and help define a cross-platform strategy with the goal of creating a world-class, unified, and contextually relevant Search experience. Scope will include both customer-facing features and back-end capabilities. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment. We are seeking a highly organized, results-oriented individual, who knows how to redirect around pitfalls, remain flexible and positive in an ever-changing environment.
Education & Experience
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Consumer product experience with a history of managing projects that facilitate or enhance customer search experiences.
- - Minimum 5 years of experience in a Search Product Management role with global scope and responsibilities.
- - Strong technical or engineering expertise with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- - Experience implementing and improving Solr search platform.