Industrial Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Industrial Engineering Program Manager Location: Cupertino, CA Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Expertise in Warehouse Process flow Design, Simulation and MHE ROI analysis
- Deign and maintain complex simulation projects to plan, simulate, and optimize the fulfillment center operational processes.
- Expertise using FlexSim, PlantSim, or any other simulation software’s for warehouse process design and optimization projects.
- Experience in Warehouse design, including automated storage and retrieval.
- Ability to apply optimization methodologies on equipment selection, material flow, process design, and layout design
- Experience implementing continuous improvement (lean manufacturing and six sigma) methodologies in Warehouse processes
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30%
In this highly impactful role, you will be leading efforts to make things better, may it be products, processes or systems. You will bring your passion and thirst for excellence in the fields of warehouse design, simulations, and distribution centers to drive improvements and new technologies at our facilities to ensure optimum use of resources. -Provide leadership and coordination between internal teams and vendors for multiple sites. -Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment. -Provide research into the best operational solutions for 3PL’s -Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges. -Discrete Event Simulation models (e.g. FlexSim, PlantSim software etc.)
Education & Experience
-Bachelors or Masters degree in Industrial Engineering
- Ability to execute ergonomic validations and provide recommendations
- Exposure to digital human simulation softwares
- Experience leading Kaizen events in 3PL’s
- Exposure to predetermined time standards such as MODAPTS, MOST or MTM
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to tight project deadlines
- Preparing and delivering effective presentations for internal and external meeting