AppleCare Readiness Support Program Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare Readiness Support forms the essential link between Readiness users and Engineering groups. The Readiness Support Team is passionate about supplying engineering teams with actionable feedback to support the creation of reliable and simple-to-use products,. You are responsible for understanding and implementing new Readiness projects into scope. You will work cross-functionally with Operations and HW/SW Engineering to understand product features, potential support drivers and establish sponsorship that will build an actionable engineering feedback loop. If you’re passionate about influencing future product design and crafting new support models this job is right for you! This position is located on campus in Austin, TX or Santa Clara Valley, CA
- Support experience and encyclopedic knowledge of Apple products.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, ability to provide clear technical direction and solutions.
- Organized with a high tolerance for new stresses and time pressures.
- Ability to survey situations and rapidly iterate potential solutions.
- Self-starter who does not require frequent direction.
- Excellent people interaction skills.
- Highly confident communicating with senior leaders and executives.
- Expert communication skills in English (spoken and written). Additional language skills a plus.
- Standout colleague focused on collaboration and helping to ensure the team, products, and support models are successful.
- History working with an experienced and seasoned team, excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills and the ability to develop project roadmaps derived from planning with engineering and management.
- Ensure ideas and business requirements stay focused on the vision and act as the key liaison between the business and Engineering.
- Natural ability to understand key players, their motivations, and then influence without authority.
- Ability to balance contending priorities and able to prioritize projects without being given express direction.
- Willing to make mistakes and then fix them with incredible speed.
- Comfortable with context switching from one product quality feedback effort to another.
- Capable of creating (or working with the right teams to create) innovative support solutions to include customized SW tools for use by the Readiness Support Advisor team.
- Experience crafting high quality custom reports and presentations is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills and intuition paired with general understanding of statistical measures.
- Comfortable using data to drive decisions and influence others.
- Incredible attention to detail and keen ability to identify subtle nuances that others overlook.
- Willingness to question status quo and then implement improved solutions to current readiness support models.
- Insatiable desire to learn more about emerging technologies to thoroughly design and implement successful support models on a project-specific basis.
Acts as the cross-functional lead between AppleCare Readiness Support and Engineering teams. Determine Readiness Support demand, scope, associated processes on a project basis. Evaluate support structure on an individual-project basis, work with AppleCare Management on project demands, drivers and support team headcount allocation. Build rapport with Readiness/Quality Engineering to ensure project demands are met. Provide assistance to AppleCare Engineering Readiness as deemed necessary in the establishment of product support processes, training, documentation and tools readiness. Determine data streams that support the operation (product feedback loop) in conjunction with business partner and management needs. In partnership with AppleCare Engineering Management, seek opportunities to improve Readiness Support structure, tools, systems, processes. Ensure that AppleCare Engineering evaluates ongoing data streams captured in tools used by Readiness to perform and develop insights and views of data to support partners decision makings. Conceive of and implement new tools as required to ensure individual projects are successful. Establish processes that ensure all support interactions are logged as deemed appropriate to ensure support analysis can take place. Align with engineering or other business groups processes and guidelines. Continuously look for opportunities to maintain product feedback quality at a high level. Demonstrate efforts to improve product feedback quality and rate via outbound email, phone or survey setup / follow-up.
Education & Experience
BS/BA in engineering or business -OR- Equivalent experience