Beats 1 Studio Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technolo y to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Department Summary The Beats 1 Engineering team manages the production technology behind making some of the world’s greatest music content and radio programs. This includes audio, video, editorial, and live broadcasting technology. We’re looking for a Studio Engineer with audio and video production expertise to further enhance our production operations.
- · You must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- · You have excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- · You have experience with digital audio systems including Audio over IP (eg. Dante)
- · You have the ability to travel for remote broadcasts and recordings as required.
- · You are skilled at troubleshooting calmly and effectively, under various pressures.
- · You are flexible in approach to an ever-changing set of tasks and challenges.
- · You have knowledge of video cameras/lenses and video systems.
- · You have knowledge of basic lighting principles for studio/stage.
- · Interfacing and interconnection of audio devices in multiple audio formats - analog, MADI, DANTE, AES, audio over IP, Soundgrid etc.
- · Should have strong Mac OS and Windows skills.
- · Functional IT and networking knowledge is a plus, including storage and file management principles.
- · Ideal candidate will have 7-10 years production audio experience in radio, music or broadcast.
- · Experience with Audio and DAW systems, software and digital audio consoles.
- · Experience of different aspects of broadcast systems, plugins, microphones, audio/video distribution, Intercom systems, telephone hybrid systems.
- · Knowledge of production audio/on-location recordings (lavaliere micing techniques, wireless audio systems, timecode sync, etc.)
- · You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (MacOS, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
· Setup and assistance of recording sessions, live broadcasts, and general day-to-day running of production studios. · Ability to assist video teams in transmission, capture and storage of video content. Knowledge of Blackmagic Design video systems an advantage is a plus. · Ensures all equipment performs to standard by keeping it in top operating capacity; conducts repairs to equipment as assigned. · Informs management of any irregularities or equipment that needs servicing. · Interfacing with both internal and external partners, and align on audio and video production requirements. · Assists with the installation and maintenance of all audio and video production equipment property-wide. · Coordinates and assists with off-site audio and video captures. · Basic audio mixing, processing, and cleaning tasks. · Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
● 7 -10 years of related experience ● BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred