Product Analyst - Apple Music
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. We seek an expert Product Analyst to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering Apple Music and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive product and strategy. The team’s culture centers around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, engineering, content, and marketing partners.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist / Data Analyst / equivalent heavily analytical role, preferably for a digital media or digital subscription business.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Curious product/business attitude with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Experience using Python/R and relevant statistical packages to build predictive/ML models and knowledge of A/B test experimentation design preferred.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as PowerPoint/Keynote/Tableau for insight synthesis and presentation.
- Excellent communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to balance work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests.
- Dive deep into large-scale data to uncover trends and identify key insights that will propel product strategy. - Partner closely with the Product organization to help them make evidence-based decisions. - Craft how best to monitor, measure and understand product performance. - Collaborate with business, marketing, finance and executive teams to generate regular presentations for C-level. - Your creative problem solving skills will be utilized daily.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Ideally, Master’s or PhD in related field.