Process Engineer (PPO-TF, Emerging Technology)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a world-class Senior Process Engineer with process development and integration experience to join the PPO Engineering team. This position requires a creative individual with a strong technical background in a relevant technical field including display fabrication, semiconductor processing, thin film materials processing and characterization, or thin film optical materials development. In this hands-on role, laboratory experience in a clean room environment is essential. A successful candidate will execute projects independently, from the design of experiment, sample fabrication and metrology, module level integration, and optical/electrical characterization, and failure analysis.
- Strong, hands-on experience in fabrication processes: lithography, etching, thin films deposition.
- Demonstrated history of innovation, process, and optical materials development.
- Experience in characterization tools: etest, SEM, TEM/FIB, EDX, AFM, XRD, etc.
- Direct experience in clean room environment including protocols and manufacturing processes.
- Optoelectronics device design and/or development
- Knowledge of display design and process integration
- A working understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes
Support process development for new optical device concepts and advanced technology for panel processing and process flow optimization. Integrate new processes to enable next generation display technology working with upstream and downstream teams, design, testing, failure analysis, manufacturing teams, and vendors. Design and execute experiments to develop state-of-the art panel processes for next generation optical devices. Characterize final samples to meet electrical, yield, and reliability requirements and perform etest, FA, and analytical characterization.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in Material Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent