Senior Design Engineer (PPO-TF, Emerging Technology)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a world-class Senior Design Engineer with layout, extraction, and simulation experience and process and integration knowledge to join the PPO Engineering team. This position requires a creative individual with a strong technical background in a relevant technical field including display or semiconductor layout, extraction, simulation, and fabrication. Display and/or semiconductor processing knowledge are strongly preferred. A successful candidate will execute design projects independently from the design to fabrication and test.
- Strong, direct experience in display or semiconductor layout, extraction, simulation, and fabrication.
- Demonstrated history of innovation for new device design concepts.
- Fabrication and process development.
- Direct experience in clean room environment including protocols and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of process integration
- A working understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes
Support layout and simulation for new panel designs. In addition, integrate new processes to enable next generation display designs working with downstream teams, testing, failure analysis, manufacturing teams, and vendors. Design and execute experiments to develop state-of-the art panel designs for next generation displays. Characterize final samples to meet electrical, yield, and reliability requirements and perform etest and analytical characterization.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent