Camera and Photos - Camera Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by demonstrating computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same. The Computational Imaging team develops the camera pipelines and innovative algorithms for Apple’s mobile devices, including the iPhone and iPad. Combining innovative algorithms with optimized implementations, our team delivers the quality and features which help to re-define mobile photography. If you’re passionate about inventing and developing new imaging algorithms to improve the photography experience, we would like to hear from you.
- 5-10 years combined research and practical experience in developing algorithms for image processing, real-time systems, and concurrent architectures.
- Strong coding skills in C, C++
- Basic knowledge of Objective-C
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Demonstrated leadership in both research and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to work hands-on and across functional teams.
- Experience in productizing or publishing your research results.
You will use your research background and knowledge of computer vision to create, develop and improve Apple technologies. You will develop ideas and concepts into commercially viable algorithms. You are up-to-date with the latests developments in computer vision, both in academia and in industry, and will be able to use your knowledge to work and influence Apple's products.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Phd in Computer Science or a related field (mathematics, physics or computer engineering), ideally with a focus or related work on algorithms and data structures and real-time systems
- - Skills in OpenGL/OpenCL/Metal would be a plus
- - Skills in statistics and machine learning would be a plus
- - OS X or iOS development experience would be a plus