Art Director, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and implementation of world-class communications. As the Art Director, Design, you will be responsible for creating innovative and compelling design solutions and executing multiple design studies for packaging, retail graphics, channel, and more. This requires broad experience in developing creative solutions in a variety of mediums. In this role, you will be relied upon to conceive, design, and lead the development of high-quality creative work that pushes the Apple brand forward.
- You have at least 5 to 7 years of relevant (preferably agency or design firm) experience.
- You have exceptional conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- You have experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion, and new media communication.
- You possess a strong knowledge of the creative development process, have excellent art direction skills, and consistently deliver superior design.
- You demonstrate solid expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, print, video and broadcast, interactive, web, DM, and social networking, retail communications and channel POS.
- You have in-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing communication and creative direction, and giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions.
- You can produce all work cost effectively and on schedule.
- You have impeccable design skills and the ability to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- You have exemplary experience in art directing photo shoots.
- You have proven experience working with copywriters to concept campaigns.
- You can communicate effectively with creative and project management staff, engendering trust and respect.
- You are proficient in design software used in the design process, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Leads junior creatives, providing guidance and mentorship. - Creates innovative and compelling campaigns that meet the requirements outlined in Apple’s creative briefs, and is responsible for planning and executing projects. - Effectively scales design solutions in accordance with project constraints and parameters. - Responsible for leading the successful creation and production of design solutions, following creative direction of the appropriate Senior Art Director or Creative Director (CD). - Plans and directs all aspects of assigned projects and serves as an integral member of the creative team. - Consistently delivers superior design and effectively scales design solutions in accordance with project constraints and parameters. - Accountable for successful execution of creative and art direction on assigned projects, either independently or by leading junior creative staff, freelancers, and photographers as needed. - Executes high-quality design work on assigned projects in a variety of media. - Regularly reviews creative work with the group’s Associate Creative Director or CD to get feedback on direction and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities within Apple’s Graphic Design group. - Responsible for monitoring creative team’s progress against schedules on assigned projects. - Conducts persuasive creative presentations to executive staff members within the company. - Regularly reviews work with senior creative staff to ensure it is on strategy and aligned with other activities in the group.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or another related field is required.