Application Support Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Do you like the idea of supporting global services that are used by millions of hardworking people all over the world? Do you enjoy working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Apple's Identity Management Services Team (IdMS) is seeking a self starter, forward-thinking engineer to join our Application Support Engineering team to maintain the availability & reliability of IdMS services.
- Experience in analyzing, debugging and fixing application issues under pre-defined service-level agreement.
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes, troubleshooting skills, Enterprise monitoring tools and Splunk logging.
- Experience with any of the programming and/or scripting languages (Python, Perl, Java, C, Xcode)
- Experience with SDLC and release engineering including source code repository and build tools including Jenkins, SVN, and Git.
- Systems configuration management experience with automation tools such as Anisble, Puppet, Chef, or Salt.
- Unix or Linux administration skills with virtualization technologies is a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and global technical teams.
We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals to join our IdMS Application Support Engineering team in running the Apple services that millions of customers use every single day. Your responsibilities will include: Deployment, support and monitoring of existing and new services, platforms, and application stacks in 24/7 production environment with on-call pager-duty. Collaborate very closely with operations & application engineers, project managers, systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators and QE team to effectively ensure availability and reliability of IdMS. Responsible for the full system lifecycle including configuration, code deployment in user acceptance test and production environments.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field with 2+ years experience.