Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, Apple Retail Data Sciences
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to lead & develop Machine Learning and AI platforms to augment and improve the customer experience in Apple Retail. In this role you will partner with product managers, engineers and scientists to solve product related machine learning problems using AI technology, perform experiments and optimize the solutions. You will be responsible for : - Collecting data, perform data preprocessing and define performance indicators. - Working with machine/deep/reinforcement learning models and trying to optimize/customize them for new applications. - Developing production-ready software with scalable, fast and efficient algorithms.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrable experience crafting, designing and maintaining backend APIs and web services.
- Experience working with large, real world data.
- Knowledge of testing, version control, and continuous integration.
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit, TensorFlow, MXNet
- Knowledge of machine/deep/reinforcement learning algorithms and modeling techniques.
- Experience developing low latency, high throughput machine learning inference engine for models such as neural network is a plus.
To be successful in this position, you should… Be a self-starter, driven, accountable and a highly upbeat teammate. Have strong writing, data visualization and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, detailed, and actionable manner to senior leaders.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree Minimum Masters Degree Preferred