Sr. AppleCare Finance Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have an important role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
- 5+ years experience applying analytical techniques to real business problems.
- Solid technical database knowledge (Teradata) and experience optimizing SQL queries on large data
- Data visualization experience in Tableau, Thoughtspot, Spotfire or similar tool
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and manipulate large datasets; experience with Tableau, R, Alteryx, SQL, and/or Business Objects
- Deep understanding of financial principles and theories
- Advanced Excel & modeling skills
- Ability to provide relevant business insights with data
- Excellent presentation, communication and social skills, with solid attention to detail
- Ability to work and make key decisions independently
- Strong business mindset, possessing an ability to condense complex analysis and technical concepts into clear and concise takeaways for business leaders
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships in business and technical terms
- Ability to operate appropriately and effectively in a dynamic, highly multi-functional, fast-paced environment
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with Python would be ideal
- Experience with data science algorithms would be ideal
- Experience in AppleCare would be ideal
We are looking for an outgoing professional with high analytical capacity, creativity, attention to detail, and strong social skills to support the WW AppleCare Finance Organization. The position requires the ability to complete complex financial analysis, work cross-functionally and with local teams in region, develop and execute business strategies, identify business opportunities, and recommend and present business updates to senior management. The position is the perfect intersection of Finance, Business Partnering, and Data Science. This is unique opportunity entails the following responsibilities: Collaborate closely with Field Service, Channel Solutions, AppleCare Finance, Procurement & Planning, Engineering, BPR, GBI, and Business Intelligence to find optimal intersections of information relevant to drive business decisions. Integrate various datasets to create, present, and defend key business insights to business partners and leadership. Build and maintain tables, data sources, tools, presentations & reports to highlight relevant insights and track the evolution of key performance indicators. Needs to be curious and have initiative to research, develop and provide tables, data sources, and Tableau reports by closely working with data warehouse architects and AppleCare Business Intelligence to develop solutions for end users. Must be able to have a deep understanding and explain all underlying data. Must be able to tie the underlying data in detail to the general leader. Perform ad-hoc and re-occurring statistical and data science analyses. Present results of analyses to finance counterparts. Researches, and if applicable, implements new technologies and methods in the areas of data analysis, data visualization and presentation with data glossaries and libraries.
Education & Experience
M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Operations, Finance or related field. OR B.S. in related field We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary search team. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team.