Engineering Manager, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of multi-functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun along the way. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of full-stack engineers responsible for modernizing and defining the future of the apple.com rendering stack. You will guide the team to interpret, understand, and address emergent business cases of dynamic experiences and content, build and support an application architecture and development ecosystem that allows multiple teams to develop, test, and release launch sites, and support content integration along with appropriate code re-use and performant deployment strategies.
- 10+ years of experience in client and server-based web application development, preferably with large-scale enterprise applications
- Tried ability to lead and motivate high-performing engineering teams to solve the right technical challenges
- Solid knowledge of and experience with modern web development tools, techniques and processes
- A consistent track record leading multiple projects at a time
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical, logical, and/or process issues in a timely, concise, and objective manner
- Excellent analytical mindset and attention to detail, especially in anticipating potential challenges
- You have a track record of being able to develop and maintain relationships across and between organizations, and influence multi-functional teams and leaders
- Ability to work well within tight deadlines and handle difficult situations in a fast-paced work environment
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with an engaging demeanor, especially across dynamic audiences
- Accomplished at debugging and troubleshooting engineering problems with strong hands-on development experience and ability
- Define the future tech stack of apple.com launch sites - Lead the engineering team to build the stack and wider ecosystem for other development teams to adopt - Ensure engineering standards along with the tools and practices to implement them - Execute on the rendering stack that satisfies the goals of managed content, the development ecosystem, and services integration - Retain a motivated, driven engineering team that's customer-focused and models high engineering standards across the entire org. - Assist in scaling out the engineering teams approach and processes, ensuring consistency of approach and delivery on shared dependencies
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience.