Visual Designer - UI/Motion Artist, AR Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is working with advanced technologies to create ground-breaking new products. The Technology Development Group is seeking a UI/Motion Artist to help build applications and prototypes for a new medium, and to help drive development of future-facing products. We build technology that inspires people. What inspires you? We are looking for a collaborative and curious innovator to join our cross-functional team to bring ideas to life.
- Portfolio and/or reel showing UI and motion design in varying visual styles, for platforms including mobile, 3D applications and/or games
- Excellence in motion graphics and typography
- Proficient in iterative UI/UX design, including sketches, wireframes, concept, and style development
- Excellent visual, communication, and presentation skills to help others understand decisions
- Strong understanding of 3D content principles and experience in several disciplines
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment within your team and beyond
The ideal UI/Motion Artist for this role is excited by undefined challenges in an evolving space. You have a passion for emerging technologies and product development. You will work closely with Apple’s world-class designers and engineers to create transformative, empowering experiences. You should be able to balance user needs with technical constraints to help realize the team’s ideas, translating these ideas into extraordinary visuals. You will join projects at varying stages of production, ranging from rapid prototyping, to delivering scalable production assets, to polishing and optimizing UI assets for shipping, working closely with engineering to ensure a high-quality product. This role requires attention to detail and thoughtfulness as you produce visually stunning content, while navigating through unique technical challenges.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Science / BA in Interaction Design or Digital Media / Equivalent industry experience
- Experience in video production and storytelling through video & motion Experience designing or implementing new UI systems and tools
- Experience with 3D game engines and shipping graphically intensive, cross- platform applications, e.g. AAA pc/console games, AR/VR applications Designing for Mac OS X Development/coding experience
- Some experience in user research and usability testing