Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As an Engineering Project Manager within the Hardware Engineering organization you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation process for one of our Hardware product development teams. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles.
- The Successful candidate is a Project/Program Manager with a minimum of 5+ years of related mechanical or electrical engineering background in mobile, computer or consumer electronics. The ideal candidate was a practicing engineer prior to becoming a project manager.
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- At least 5 years of combined experience in project management and engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high esthetic quality.
- Experience interfacing with operations, mechanical/electrical engineering/design and marketing
Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process Create and maintain project schedules to meet market delivery date Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful completion of product development tasks Lead a cross-functional team of electrical and mechanical engineers, utilizing a solid EE/ME background to recognize, assess and communicate cross-functional issues and risks Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives including calling and running meetings among engineering stakeholders Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action including preparing and executing contingency plans should main plans fail Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering, operations, and marketing managers and OEM partners to meet aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors via leading face-to-face meetings, conference calls and written communications Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management via written and verbal communication Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making Gather material for executive presentations and make presentations to executives for soliciting approvals through product development phase gates as well as for escalation of critical issues
Education & Experience
BS degree required, MS/MBA preferred Field of study: engineering (ME/EE) preferred