Infrastructure and Queue Admin
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible and cross functional role within our hardware Infrastructure CAD Team, you will be responsible for supporting best in class tools and platforms to enable Apple designed silicon components for the Silicon Engineering Group. Your role will be varied and challenging with technical areas of responsibility that include compute-farm scheduler/queuing software maintenance and management, workload throughput analysis, EDA vendor license support and integration, forecasting of hardware and software needs, and use and development of software and databases for advanced metric tracking. Additional responsibilities include working with other CAD Engineers to optimize tool-flows and create/improve tool regression suites.
- We typically require 10+ years of industry experience.
- Expert-level knowledge of server queuing systems (GE, LSF, NC).
- Experience integrating tool-flows into a batch/interactive queuing system.
- Experience managing large-scale HPC and/or cloud environments.
- Experience driving web-based reporting and data visualization (Splunk).
- Exposure to vendor license management and syntax.
- Exposure to configuration management tools (Perforce, GIT).
- Fluent scripting skills in Python, Perl, TCL or Shell.
- Self driven with the ability to handle a high engineering support load and co-ordinate with multiple users and management across multiple teams.
As a member of our team, you will: - Co-ordinate, manage and support compute-farm scheduler/queuing software for multiple teams across multiple sites. - Triage and troubleshoot user issues related to queue job submissions - Provide real time and historical reports for queuing usage/metrics and compute data at all sites. - Optimize compute-farm queue configurations for license/resource usage and integration with tool-flows and regression suites. - Work with tool vendors to make job and license allocation more efficient. - Maintain and update tool wrappers, module-files and environment files. - Oversee EDA tool installation – assist with flow integration. - Develop and maintain scripts and other automation for infrastructure support.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree in EE/CS or a technical discipline.