Software Engineer, FoundationDB
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a talented software engineer with a real passion for distributed systems? Ready to work with a focused and fun team bringing FoundationDB technologies to Apple’s infrastructure? At Apple, scale is huge and impact is enormous — you could be part of a team with a growing mission and that is powering storage behind many of our most popular properties. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we can do!
- A successful track-record or proven aptitude as a software developer.
- Clear skills as a key contributor to highly productive teams.
- Real passion for diving into hard problems and working with engineers to build novel solutions.
- A contagious curiosity about distributed systems and how to make them better.
We are designing, coding, and supporting new, critical infrastructure systems that power many of the products and services that make Apple’s experiences so phenomenal. We are growing and so is our mission — each day more of Apple’s customers count on the infrastructure that we provide. And we have fun doing it, too! This team is bringing the FoundationDB distributed database technology to the Apple infrastructure ecosystem. In line with this mission, we’re unlocking new productivity and scale for consistent systems state storage services. Many properties across Apple services will rely on the systems our software powers for high-volume, critical, real-time storage. The stakes couldn’t be higher — and the team could not be a better fit for the job. This Storage Engineering team needs strong, dedicated developers to join as an early member of this group. This person will have a tremendous amount of individual responsibility and influence over the direction the backend of many critical Apple internet services take for years to come. You should be someone who has ideas and passion for software delivered as a service to maximize reuse, efficiency, and simplicity. This work will impact hundreds of millions of users and be important to the success of some of the most visible current and future Apple features.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- - Expertise with C++ or similar language, as well as some scripting experience.
- - Familiarity with No-SQL or other modern data storage systems a plus.
- - Experience creating custom board games is a plus.
- - Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems, Infrastructure Engineering, Database Software Engineer, FoundationDB.