CAD Engineer - Retail Product Display & Packaging Product Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, the customer experience extends beyond the product itself. Apple packaging is often the first time that people contemplate and experience delight in the unboxing experience, and Apple retail stores present engaging customer experiences that elevate and showcase Apple products in magical and transformative ways. Packaging and Retail Product Display are two diverse teams of product design engineers who are responsible for innovative designs in structural packaging as well as integrated hardware solutions for retail spaces and special Apple events. Apple is seeking a highly motivated CAD engineer to support the Retail Product Display and Packaging teams. Ideally, you are someone who approaches problem solving with attention to detail and precision. Within our teams, your responsibilities will include detailed 3D modeling and 2D documentation of mechanical and electromechanical components, and optimization for manufacturing and production. We value engineers with a desire to acquire new skills and further their professional development. You will have the opportunity to learn and apply knowledge in many engineering disciplines, including material selection, manufacturing processes (CNC, injection molding, sheet metal stamping, die-cutting, paper folding, molded fiber forming, etc), stress and failure analyses, PCB integration, and cosmetic finishing. You should be an excellent communicator who is able to fluently collaborate with cross functional teams both within Apple as well as external suppliers.
- 3+ years design and drafting experience with NX preferred
- Experience in the product development cycle and proficiency in designing parts and assemblies for high volume manufacturing
- Applied understanding of tolerance analysis, GD&T and statistical process control
- Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to articulate
- Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment and self-motivated to identify and resolve design issues
- CAD assembly ownership, 3D part design, 2D drawing creation & updates - Application of GD&T to critical features and surfaces in technical drawings - Management of complex assembly structures in a collaborative design environment - Creation and documentation of mechanical component outlines to facilitate PCB layout - Application of advanced surfacing techniques and parametric modeling - Creation of basic to complex dielines for Packaging components using Artios CAD - FEA analysis for evaluation and optimization of components - Close collaboration with suppliers and vendors to coordinate releases, review, and implement DFM suggestions - Education and mentorship of engineers in best-practice CAD techniques
Education & Experience
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.