Big Data Analytics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products has been leading the digital media industry by constantly developing innovative features since its launch in April 2003. We are seeking a high-energy, expert Big Data Engineer with a proven record of developing advanced analytics on complex data from multiple sources on a Hadoop technology stack. The ideal candidate will have experience building reporting solutions using both NoSQL solutions and relational database/SQL solutions. We’re looking for someone with the courage and experience to be frank and ambitious, but humble enough to listen to others, and a commitment to improving the team. We want your view on how we can move faster, be more creative and deliver tooling and ideas to empower Apple employees around the world to build the world’s #1 media applications. We’d expect you to challenge the status quo. You are a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent written and oral skills. We look for phenomenal teammates who will tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver visionary solutions. We believe you care about the details, the end user, and how it all comes together.
- Experience in developing Big Data applications using Hadoop, MapReduce Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Azkaban etc.
- Strong understanding of Spark Dataframes and Spark SQL is a must.
- Strong coding skills and experience with at least one high-level programming language (Python, Scala, Java or equivalent).
- Experience building Big Data pipelines and ingesting massive amount of data.
- Experience with data mining, extracting and parsing data using various formats like Parquet, Json, Xml, , Avro etc
- Experience with Cassandra, Mongo, Kafka
- Experience with writing core Java Applications
- Knowledge of how things work on Cloud vs on-premise cluster.
- Experience with relational databases like Oracle
- You will have strong product intuition, data analysis skills and business presentation skills
- Adept at creative and critical thinking, you are able to deconstruct problems and transform personal insights into data backed recommendations.
You will be responsible for writing code to manipulate big data from various sources into Hadoop. You'll also design and develop solutions using Hadoop to tackle big data, information retrieval, and analytics problems. You will create bridges between multiple NoSQL systems (Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc) as well as bridge data between Relational Databases (Oracle) and NoSQL systems (Hadoop). You will design and build a fast analytics environment on large datasets/clusters. You will provide engineering and design support for data in Hadoop as well as innovate practical NoSQL solutions to conquer scalability and distributed data processing challenges. In this role design, develop and support a map-reduce-based data processing pipeline to process reports on number of growing NoSQL big data solutions used to support new applications and products. Responsible for data accuracy, scalability and integrity on Hadoop platform. You will work with management to align solutions with business strategy and objectives. You should have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive with a demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment. If you wan to play a key role in rethinking and building our future reporting and analytics infrastructure, apply for this role! You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics (or equivalent experience)