Budget Program Manager - CSP Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
This position is part of Apple’s Channel Sales Programs (WW CSP) team. Apple’s main channel routes to market include Telco, Consumer Electronics, Mass Merchants and mono-brand retail stores. The WW CSP team is responsible for the management of Apple’s global retail programs in channel points of sale. Currently we have more than 16,000 locations in over 100 countries. The WW CSP Ops team provides support for all operational issues within these stores. The Budget Manager will be responsible for keeping track of all operational spend against budget and working with various internal business owners to ensure forecast accuracy. Additional duties include understanding and reacting to changing worldwide finance processes and tax laws to ensure compliance for the business. The ideal candidate will have experience in finance/budget management at a corporate level, excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, strong business insight and relationship skills. This position requires an organized self-starter who is comfortable working independently and among teams in a complex and fast changing environment.
- 3-5+ years of corporate finance experience, or related forecast/planning experience.
- Basic accounting principals like accrual reporting, standard methodologies and regulations.
- Excellent numeracy skills with an attention to detail and proven track record of working with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms.
- High degree of proficiency in Excel required.
- Hands-on experience with SAP.
- Ability to think analytically and understand the business.
- Experience in a high volume, fast moving environment and ability to react efficiently to changes in schedules or direction.
- Ability to approach improvement opportunities with flexibility and willingness to seek multiple solutions.
Keeps track and review operational spend against budget at a worldwide level. Analyzes trends affecting budget needs and provide accurate recommendations for internal decision-making purposes. Presents cost benefit analysis for various funding requests. Works closely with various business partners to continually improve payment, reporting and forecasting processes. Ensures on-time invoice receipt and payment by liaising between Apple Accounts Payable and vendors. Oversees department operational expenses which include travel and equipment.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.