Senior Wifi Network Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Design, deploy and operate wireless networks that are remarkably excellent. As a member of our team you will work side by side with other top engineers with a passion for delivering consistently good customer experiences, being proactive to problems and opening up the boundaries of innovation. We rely on you to deliver solutions using your years of experience in routing, switching and wireless technologies to support our diverse and fast paced environments including indoor and outdoor wireless networks. Your solution ideas will be depended upon by all of Apple’s internal and external customers in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the world.
- Organized, self-starter, ambitious, technology curious, and self-sufficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment and while maintaining active participation across multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with link layer protocols, internet routing protocols, and higher layer protocols: ARP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, UDP/TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VXLAN, CAPWAP, Multicast, MSDP, PIM, HTTP/HTTPs,
- Strong knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ax MAC layer specifications/protocols and applications essential, including high-level architecture
- Strong knowledge of L2 security, network security, application security, pairing and provisioning protocols, including, VLAN, firewall, TLS, DTLS, PKI, VPN, DMVPN.
Our team delivers network service to Apple corporate users and customers. In this role we depend on you to provide innovative solutions that conform to our engineering and security standards. You are going to be working with diverse business units, IS&T organizations, external vendors, and service providers. You will be encouraged to maintain the outstanding service delivered by Apple’s LAN and Wireless networking infrastructure. Throughout all interactions you will demonstrate high integrity, clear leadership, open collaboration, and effective communication skills. You will support, tune, and perfect Apple’s wired and wireless networks.. You will maintain sustaining operations, take a lead role in the development and implementation of standards based systems, architecture and operational processes. This position is escalation support for issues related to Apple’s Corporate network and will be part of an on-call rotation with pager duty required.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer related field or equivalent with 7 years of relevant experience
- It helps to be a voracious reader who is up to date on wireless and network industry trends