Senior Financial Analyst, US Education
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. US Education Finance is seeking a senior finance individual to join our world-class Deal Desk team. In partnership with the Sales, Operations, Legal, and Contracts organizations, the team owns strategic deal pricing and structure, provides insights into market dynamics, and leads the financial controls process within customer engagements. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working well with senior management, and an ability to actively engage the appropriate cross-functional teams to ensure strategic sales opportunities are evaluated per Apple financial guidelines.
- Must have academic background or professional experience with: pricing and contract negotiation; revenue contract review; executive communication; project management; business partnership; and cross-functional leadership.
- Must be a self-starter and strategic thinker with sound decision-making skills and a dedication to accurate and timely work execution.
- Must be able to deliver efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced deadline-driven work environment managing multiple priorities with multiple stake holders.
- Advanced Excel, Keynote, and Pages skills, and the ability to extract, analyze and present data in simple format.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years professional experience in customer pricing, sales finance, operations, contract negotiations and strategic process design.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in: revenue accounting; revenue contract review; technology pricing; project management; technology procurement and operations.
- Strong business acumen, high intellectual curiosity, and deep interest in Apple’s product, business and strategy
Work with sales teams and stakeholders within Apple to provide finance support and analysis on large, complex customer engagements that enable the segment to achieve its operational goals. Develop and present deal P&L analytics and high-level executive summaries to Apple senior management, with a focus on capturing key information about the solution, the customer, the financial overview, and the competitive landscape. Develop and implement KPI metrics and capture market dynamics to identify growth opportunities and influence business strategy. Support long term sales growth & scale while ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly. Review customer contracts to ensure consistency in negotiated terms and pricing and take appropriate steps to mitigate potential risks to Apple. Work closely with Legal, Operations and Contract teams to drive price compliance and ensure that contractual pricing is adhered to per agreement. Drive quarterly price audits and ensure necessary information is disseminated to management on a timely basis. Provide customers with alternatives when roadblocks surface during and after negotiations. Perform analyses of potential risks for key customer satisfaction issues and make recommendations for optimizing financial impact. Participate in customer calls with thoughtfulness expected of an Apple professional. Through standardization, consistency and automation, drive for continuous business process improvement for pricing team by reducing the volume of sales exceptions, tracking margin data on approved deals and bids, and establishing better work -flow for responding to strategic deals. Work cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies and support new business opportunities. Work with Sales, Operations, Field Marketing, Product Marketing, Apple Financial Services, and others to drive route-to-market initiatives aimed at growing the Education business The ideal candidate possesses excellent leadership, collaboration and communications skills, the ability to effectively influence others, manage multiple-priorities effectively and efficiently, and is comfortable in dealing with both executive management from finance and sales on a daily basis.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, International Trade, Economics or relevant experience MBA and/or CPA preferred.