iPhone Hardware Test Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
How do you make 1000 of something a day? Now imagine making a million iPhones a day. How do you guarantee a good customer experience when they open the box and turn on their new iPhone for the first time? Apple iPhone Test Engineers design and develop custom test solutions to ensure every single iPhone manufactured has consistent quality and meets stringent specifications.
- Self starter, can work independently, quick learner
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Scripting language experience (Lua, Python or similar)
- Experience with embedded micro-controller systems, analog instrumentation, DC power supplies, ARM FW development, RTOS
- Statistical data analysis, data mining
- Creative problem solving, time management, and project management skills.
- Fluency in Mandarin preferred but not required
In this role, you will be responsible for electrical testing of the main iPhone Logic board. You will help design and specify custom test hardware and software. iPhone Hardware Test Engineering is a critical role and you will be involved early in the iPhone development process. Apple's custom test solutions are complex embedded systems. Every new generation of custom Apple iPhone test hardware optimizes for space efficiency, energy consumption, reliability, scalability, and cost. They integrate the latest embedded SOCs, custom analog and digital instruments, power systems, mechatronics, and real time operating systems. This unique position combines hardware and software skills. For every new feature Apple adds to the iPhone, you will be responsible for developing and implementing new tests working closely with our 3rd party test vendor partners, system EEs, and the factory. Creativity and finding better ways to do things is highly encouraged. You will collaborate closely with the iPhone HW Engineering team to influence design for testability and develop creative methods to test new features with minimal test access. You will be challenged to do more with less. Good time management and project management skills are needed for this role.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE required
- Position will require travel to California and Asia