iPhone Prototyping and Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a software engineer who regularly finds yourself tinkering with hardware? As a hardware engineer, do you want to work on the complete system, not just the hardware? Turn your passion into a career here at Apple. The iPhone Hardware Engineering organization is looking for a high-energy engineer with real passion for software and hardware. We work across groups and technologies to drive iPhone development and design. We love self-motivated people who are committed to continually learning and improving. You could work on anything from prototyping efforts for new features to writing software tools impacting current and future product designs. We are defining the future of iPhone hardware devices. Join us!.
- A customer focused, “detail-sweating” engineer with a desire to speak to and address the pain-points of her customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both one-on-one and in groups.
- Capability to break down vaguely defined problems or questions and design a detailed solution for solving them.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and summarize statistical data from experiments.
- A craft-focused and detail oriented programmer with experience using version control and modern software development practices.An understanding of what the key hardware components of an iPhone, iPad or computer are and how they work together.
- Accomplished programming skill (C/C#/C++) in academia or industry.
- Solid scripting experience (Perl/Python).
- Willingness and ability to learn to read electrical engineering schematics.
You will be responsible for: - Prototyping and evaluating new hardware technologies and designs using software. - Writing high-level OR low-level software used in new feature prototyping efforts. - Writing and implementing software tools used in validating hardware designs. - Supporting product development activities taking place locally and at our partners’ facilities abroad. Nice to Have Traits (one or more): - Academic or work experience with low-level microcontroller or firmware programming. - Experience with iOS or Macintosh development. - Algorithm development experience using MATLAB or similar tools. - Board design, schematic capture or FPGA RTL programming experience.
Education & Experience
Any degree in CS/EE/CE or equivalent work experience.
- Position will require some international travel.