iPhone System Modeling Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s iPhone Hardware Engineering organization is looking for a highly motivated engineer with a real passion in both hardware and software. You will work on system-level modeling of iOS devices and help create a cutting-edge simulation platform to guide mission-critical design decisions. You will quantify the trade-offs between design changes in hardware, software or a hybrid approach. You will have the opportunity to influence the architectural roadmaps and high-level system specifications for future iOS devices. Hopefully you love working with other engineers as the role requires intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration efforts with various technology teams. We are looking for an engineer capable of handling challenges from “cradle to grave”. We love self-motivated teammates who are committed to continually innovating. If you bring passion and dedication you will discover tons of excitement building the next generation of Apple products with us.
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid computer system architecture fundamentals
- Experience writing computer programs and scripts (such as python or perl)
- Solid computer programming fundamentals including consideration of standard methodologies in style and methodology as well as knowledge of programming abstractions such as data structures and object orientated programming
- Experience in system level modeling and analysis for data flows, performance, or power
- Experience with control systems design, simulation, and validation. Working knowledge of concepts such as PI control, feedback, stability analysis and tuning.
- NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Adeptness at persuasion and negotiation around design and technical issues is a plus
- Knowledge of key system engineering architectural and implementation trade-offs is a plus
- Ability to step out of your comfort zone to coordinate, present and lead technical meetings with groups of engineers is a plus
- Experience in designing and drafting system specifications for end to end embedded systems is a plus
- Familiarity with power and its impact on architecture, logic design and circuit design is a plus
- Power measurement and power sensing experience is a plus
- Matlab experience is a plus
- Familiarity with signal analysis, statistics, data analytics, and data visualization is a plus
- Work or equivalent experience in electrical engineering and/or electronic component engineering is a plus
- Understanding or ability to understand electrical engineering board schematics is a plus
In this role, you will be responsible for: creating a high-level simulation framework for future iOS devices incorporating new power-saving technologies; prototyping and conducting feasibility studies on new technologies; power modeling of iOS devices and working with software and hardware engineers to refine system power policies; use case power analysis; driving future power-saving algorithms and techniques; coordinating with multi-functional partners on a regular basis to drive initiatives around modeling and algorithm improvements.
Education & Experience
Preferred MS/PhD in CS/EE/CE or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate might have 5 or more years of relevant industry experience