iPhone Hardware Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. If you are in search for a dynamic and challenging position to help make creative products for a company in the leading edge of creativity, this is the right position for you. You will be a part of the iPhone product development engineering team and will help in disassembling/assembling prototypes, rework, troubleshooting and PCBA assembly. You will be responsible for supporting a variety of requests from a large team of engineers. We are looking for an EE Technician with good rework and prototyping skills for this position.
- 4+ years of related experience in engineering labs
- Soldering and rework skills (01005, QFNs, BGAs, CSPs, etc.) both on rigid PCBs and flexes
- Excellent ability to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware
- Experience in reading schematics and layout of multi-layer boards / flexes.
- Great problem solving and analytical skills, including organization skills.
- Strong computer skills (Mac, Excel / Numbers, Keynote)
- Good communication skills. Works well with external / internal groups.
- Able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Energy and aim to thrive in start-up environment. Highly motivated, a self-starter, and a great teammate.
Ability to solder and rework (01005, QFNs, BGAs, CSPs, etc.) both on rigid PCBs and flexes Assist engineers in board level trouble shooting failures to root cause. Plan and maintain lab facilities for optimal efficiency Organize and maintain stock of critical components test equipment for rapid prototyping/testing Experience with power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes etc.
Education & Experience
Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or relevant experience in lieu of.
- Ability to complete task in time
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good written and verbal skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Handle multiple demanding deadlines. Be able to work across multiple teams to get things done.