iPhone Hardware System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you want to help create the next iPhone? We’re looking for someone who has a real passion for shipping high-volume and exceptional products. The iPhone team is seeking enthusiastic candidates to join its Engineering Team. This is a System Test Engineering position that entails working with cross-functional groups to continually push the envelope of technology implemented in iPhone products. The successful candidate will be based in the Cupertino area and will have an active engagement with the hardware and software design & Validation teams in Apple.
- 5+ years of technical work experience
- Hands-on experience in prototype work and functional verification specifically with electronics
- Hands-on and fluent with lab equipment: digital multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, data logger...etc.
- Must have superb coding/scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell, Unix, etc.
- Strong documentation and communication skills - strong technical writing
- Solid software background; preferably iOS
- Comfortable working in a quickly changing environment
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment
Evaluate system design of future iPhone products for performance and robustness expected in high volume Support the Hardware and Firmware design teams Test pre-/post-production units and provide reports Test failed units and provide failure analysis reports Setting up, maintaining & upgrading automated scripts Analyzing test data to identify issues and report findings Lead the standardization and optimization of the test processes. Make recommendations to design & test coverage improvement Drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issue Position involves supporting development activities abroad at manufacturing partner facilities
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or greater, plus 3+ years of technical work experience
- Valuable prior work experience:
- - Developing automated test and measurement systems
- - Setup of environments optimized for test measurement
- - Software development and/or working knowledge of Software methodology
- - Hardware development experience
- - Working with cross-functional teams