Lead Product Design Engineering Program Manager, Technology Development Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Mac... iPod... iPhone... iPad... WATCH... what’s next? In this role, you will join a team of talented Engineering Program Managers specializing in managing, prioritizing and executing day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives of the Product Design team responsible for the next new product category at Apple. Your role will include frequent multi-disciplinary collaboration with teams like Product Design, Industrial Design, Materials, Manufacturing, EE, Display, Camera, Antenna, Battery, and more.
- 6+ years of combined experience in project management and mechanical/electrical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and having high aesthetic quality.
- Experience leading full life-cycle product development in highly dynamic and ambiguous work environments, supporting the mechanical assembly and integration of multiple technologies
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and cross-functional engagement skills are critical
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience working with Product Design, Industrial Design, Operations, and System Architecture.
This is a hands-on programmatic role where you will be responsible for delivering the mechanical assembly through the entire development process, from early design to mass production. You will influence direction and vision both laterally and upwards by leading prioritization, tracking risks and handling critical issues for multiple mechanical design swim lanes You will develop, implement and execute scalable system processes to effectively release designs, define build goals and support, drive schedule and parallel paths You will create and maintain streamlined program schedules by redirecting pitfalls and developing an improved course of action You will collaborate and facilitate communication across EPMs, engineering DRIs, operations, design teams, and our OEM/development vendors to meet ambitious cost, schedule, and quality goals You will offer multiple levels of status updates across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management You will measure success by the team’s success while exhibiting ownership, leadership and mentorship within the Product Design and EPM teams
Education & Experience
BSME/EE degree or equivalent. MS degree preferred