AV Broadcast Technician
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a significant role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll also help locate, develop, and lead these properties around the world. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. As an Information Systems Technician, you will have ownership and accountability for all audio/visual installation & refresh activities relating to the Apple Austin buildings. You will be working with Project Managers, AV integrators, Construction General Contractors, this role would be responsible for ensuring that the AV portion of a project meets Apple’s standards, and is done in a timely and efficient manner.
- Have a strong sense of organization and purpose with demonstrated management and leadership roles
- Strong project management skills
- Able to interpret blueprints and other project documents, and the ability to create/modify them as needed.
- Able to work at heights, off a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds
- Proficiency with all aspects of audio visual equipment, including prioritization, installation, and programming/control
- Strong understanding of networking protocols and troubleshooting techniques
- Able to analyze complex problems and generate innovative solutions
- Able to interact positively and expertly with a wide variety of people
- Able to integrate the Apple culture of excellence in all deliverables
- PMP certification and/or InfoComm CTS certification
- Team Success-focused attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Apple and iOS computer skills including Excel/Word and project management programs
You will lead all operations and functions of a project team consistent with regional and corporate priorities and objectives. You will also be working collaboratively to develop plans and identify expected outcomes/results for each project assigned. This team also identifies disparity between "what is" and "what ought to be" regarding priorities for the group. As a PM, you will craft and implement an effective method of user feedback and input on associated project assignments while developing the project budget based on approved scope/quality and calculate costs to remain within the budget constraints. We also build and maintain project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding and oversee the development/management of the project timeline. We assure that due diligence is used to ensure that all assigned projects are completed with the highest level of quality possible, always considering life cycle costs and budget achievement. Contract administration, perform negotiations, administration and management of design, construction, and consultant contracts are a few other aspects of this role. You will also collaborate with Operations, Maintenance, EH&S, Manufacturing, IS&T, Security and other functional groups, as required, regarding assigned project design and construction. Finally, you will ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local statutes and rules and regulations related to assigned projects as well as provide complete and accurate reports in accordance with Management requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree desired in Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, Construction, engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years of successful experience with progressively increasing responsibility for management of development and delivery of commercial tenant improvement.
- Preferred candidates will have LEED AP certifications and PMP certification.