AppleCare Business Development Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. AppleCare Sales Enablement is an organization that works with channel partners to integrate their sales systems with Apple to sell AppleCare products electronically. The program was designed to help partners develop an optimal AppleCare purchasing experience, similar to an experience received via an Apple direct sales channel. We're looking for an experienced project manager to lead the AMR regional channel partners through the sales integration process and work with the partner to determine how the two companies will integrate technically and interact post-go live. A successful project manager for this group will have shown success in technical project management, B2B relationship and account management, sales operations process management, business process re-engineering and/or systems architecture and preferably a project management professional (PMP) certification. If this sounds like you, this could be your next career move!
- 5-7 years relevant experience leading complex, highly transparent cross-functional projects.
- PMP or equivalent is preferred.
- Apple system experience preferred: SAP, GCRM, Pages, Keynote, Excel, etc.
- Expert communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complicated business and system processes.
- Understanding of system architecture, database structures and Web Services (API/SOAP/REST).
- Ability to identify gaps and issues with partner projects and implementation strategy.
- Influence and balance expectations with various groups including resellers, carriers and internal cross-functional partners.
- Ability to prioritize issues and handle multiple reseller projects simultaneously to ensure the success of team and organization goals.
- Expert problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented, including a willingness to perform whatever tasks are required to complete a project.
- Ability to influence teams and project members while maintaining a sense of urgency to meet partner launch dates.
- Enjoys taking initiative and thrives in an autonomous work environment while confidently adapting through ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Believes in the perpetual value of the customer experience & has a solid grasp on consumer psychology.
Lead AMR regional channel partners through the sales integration process. Develop strategy to determine how the two companies will integrate technically and interact operationally post-go live. Collaborate with regional sales teams and cross-functional partners to handle expectations and establish integration timelines. Educate the reseller project team on the business, technical, accounting and legal requirements of the program. Understand the reseller’s business strategy, systems and impacted processes. Conduct onsite workshops with select reseller partners & facilitate discussion around the best way to implement the program into their business. Provide consultation on scalable system & process design to maximize sales, improve the customer experience & minimize errors and manual work. Interface between reseller teams and Apple cross-functional teams including IS&T, AppleCare business and operations teams. Provide ongoing account management support, including regression testing & enhancement support. Drive schedule with cross-functional partners, including but not limited to testing activities, development requirements and launch activities. Provide regular project status updates to various parts of the organization. Be a great partner with regional partners, including accounts receivable, legal, contracts, credit, AppleCare Sales, Apple Sales, BPR, IS&T. Communicate with the business team and IS&T technical teams on regional issues, critical issues and region specific program requirements. Identify common issues and work with team to resolve. Collaborate with worldwide team on areas of improvement including systems and process. Act as regional authority & point of contact for all questions and critical issues. Identify region-specific complexities. Investigate, scope & champion solutions. Project lead the implementation of approved solutions. Assist with the creation, implementation and management of other channel programs as required. Some travel required to support on-site partner meetings, or regional Apple meetings as necessary.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree plus relevant experience.
- This position is located on campus in Austin, Texas or Santa Clara Valley, CA.