Connectivity Services Test & Verification Lead Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Designing and developing next-generation Apple hardware products requires the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. Our team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Our internet-scale distributed systems enable brand new communications experiences at a global scale. This is a platform that solves a large breadth of challenges across wireless links, identity, messaging, queueing, presence, routing, relays, developer APIs, and much more. We're seeking a hands-on engineering manager who loves organizing teams and running end-to-end test, verification and reporting campaigns for new services at a global scale, for applications that support hundreds of millions of users.
- Experience testing, monitoring and continuous end-to-end service availability reporting of a large-scale, user-facing service — to include building and implementing performance data and analysis tools.
- Proven leadership in managing distributed service verification and test programs (20+ team members) at scale.
- Background in RF/wireless technologies and consumer devices
- Deep understanding of integration and test of software-based messaging and communications services.
- Experience in software scripting with at least one of the following: Ruby, Python, Perl, VBscript, Jscript or equivalent.
- Experience in forecasting and capacity planning for services is a plus
Thinking outside of the box is natural when there is no box. You have excellent software engineering, communication and leadership skills, combined with the maturity and initiative to deliver results. You relish the opportunity to help define a world class product and drive it to fruition. You are passionate about quality and user experience. You are highly collaborative with teams across the organization, creating key innovations for Apple’s ecosystem. The job requires a creative engineering manager to drive deep understanding of complex problems through thoughtful and data driven analysis, to arrive at system requirements and solutions. Specifically, this role evaluates features and performance for future service releases, with a focus on connectivity/network integration and automated test and reporting of real-world use cases. In this position you will work closely with SRE's, hardware and software developers, lab and field testing teams, and will be among the first to demonstrate and verify functionality. Strong management and analytical skills are required, to define verification plans based on initial test results, and then rally teams of engineers to execute on the paths you've defined.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering — with a deep understanding of prototype test and verification (QA) of software-based services and data analytics/reporting. - Concentration and/or study of engineering management & systems engineering is a plus.